Total Pageviews

Friday 11 November 2011

Loud music and early mornings

For those of you who know me, you'll understand exactly what this time of day means to me, for those who don't, the simplest way of putting it is "Jesus Fucking Christ, there's two 8 o clocks in the day". I do not do mornings, yet for some strange reason, I am up, about, and heading by train into london.

How does this connect with the title of this post??  I think it's the look of disgust on the face of the commuting public as my ear phones shout raw blooded screams of defiance into my ear, the scientifically proved one and only way of forcing the little switch into my brain from the "you're still meant to be asleep, lie down and shut your eyes" position to the "what's going on, where am I, how did I get here, lets start waking up position".

The shocking thing (to me anyway) is that the looks of disgust seem to be aimed more at the protest/political type songs that come raring out of the buds, the akalas, ratms, propagandhis, king blues, billy braggs, rather than the straight forward screamers  -your slayers, deftones, stormtroopers of death, slipknot and the like.

I have decided why this must be.  I am on a commuter train, in my shirt, tie and jacket, ready to go to a members meeting, and it appears to be that by listening to political music I am breaking the unwritten rule of commuterdom - don't do anything that's not grey.

I have one answer to that, thanks to the wisdom of zach de la rocha..."FUCK YOU (COMMUTERS) I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TOLD ME"

No comments:

Post a Comment