Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 November 2011

The joys of a refreshing pint

I think that the title says it all, but in case it doesn't, here goes...

After a long week of working hard at the coalface of industrial relations, then spending all weekend in bed, just relaxing, nothing can beat a nice quiet sunday night pint in a proper local pub to set yourself right for the week ahead.  Now, many people have their own description of what a local may be, but for me, my pub of choice is well known on the tourist trail, for its size, yet it is still a local, as the barman knows me name, knows me poison of choice, and will natter to me about the joys of sci-fi (it takes my mind off of the heavy thoughts of organising), and, most important of all, when the pub is packed with all of those tourists, myself, and the other locals move up the pint pouring queue,  so, on that point, to the pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment