Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Thank you for the days

So, here I am, after a few weeks of general alcohol abuse, starting up on a month or two of sobriety, and starting back at work tomorrow.  So, what have I been upto for the last few weeks, apart from avoiding anything politicky or trade uniony as much as I can...
Number 1.  Trying to get my head back to it's normal place...there have been some successes and some failures
Number 2. just under a week back at the parents in lincolnshire...this really badly set my head back, as I had to put up with my mum and my sister for the whole time, and as the house is right in the middle of nowhere, it was the whole time...I love them both, but find having to put up with the two of them together more than anybody should have to cope with, even at the best of times
Number 3. Celebrated new years, and my birthday, in alcoholic style. White Russians abounded (if you didn't realise it, my main main cinematic hero is Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski. I aspire to have his laid out charm and slacker lifestyle, helped by @kate_mccallum_
Number 4. Travelled to the place I call my second home, the lovely bootle, where I got to see my second family again.  The family Mac, one of whom is actually my twin, help my head feel like me, and are always there for me when i've needed them, and that has been a lot recently. It isn't just the central family, it's the people who are attached to it, so, in no particular order, by twitternames @Kommie_Kermit @Beckyweckywoo @karmajmcw @steheyward @doriongriffiths    I had a bloody good time there, even though it did involve a lot of pain!
On the way back, I also met up with the lovely @Shenanigans_PCS who is a fine specimen of a human being, and is just an allround ass kicker!
I am now trying to detoxificate my body, and my mind, and get myself back to being a functioning member of society, with the interest in politicky stuff, but whether that will happen or not, who knows...I may have a break from the internet (may do, but not bloody likely) but, if I do, would like to say byeeeeee
One final note...There is someone.on twitter who you should all follow, if you don't already, somebody, who even though i've never met, feels like he's been a friend for years, so on that point, can I introduce the lovely @podwangler   seriously, do all follow him!

No comments:

Post a Comment